Damasca.Net Forum
Graphics problem....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Damasca.Net Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scythe
Overseer
Overseer

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject:  

Positive, tried at least 700 times.....the driver installer thing says they were installed and so I reset....load up the properties and no change...so either they are installed and it just isn't saying they are...or it just hates me...

I installed DirectX8.1 directly off my WC3 beta cd last time I formatted...and the tests indicate that DirectX7 stuff works fine, but my vid card has trouble with anything requiring 8+...ah well...
Runefox
Unsettling, isn't it?
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject:  

Most early ATi cards are crap like that, anyway. GeForce4s aren't too expensive these days, especially an MX. Even though they don't deliver the performance of the GF4Ti series, and are really simply overclocked GF2's, they still provide good support and decent performance for the price.
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject:  

You know what I find hilarious?

I ran the engine on my Pentium 166, with it's 32mb of ram, and a Voodoo 3. Do you want to know how fast it ticked over? 50 - 70 fps. Which actually kicks the utter shit out of computers 4 times it's speed.

Seriously, if your computer isn't getting above 20 fps, buy a new card. A second hand Voodoo 3 would cost what? $10? $5?

Anyway, sorry, I'm off-topic.
AvPPoW
Magus
Magus

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject:  

Diaftau wrote:
You know what I find hilarious?

I ran the engine on my Pentium 166, with it's 32mb of ram, and a Voodoo 3. Do you want to know how fast it ticked over? 50 - 70 fps. Which actually kicks the utter shit out of computers 4 times it's speed.

Seriously, if your computer isn't getting above 20 fps, buy a new card. A second hand Voodoo 3 would cost what? $10? $5?

Anyway, sorry, I'm off-topic.

I'll give mine away for the cost of shipping. diaf, I get 800+fps which is utterly pointless since there's NFW my monitor could keep up, but it's a fun fact. And btw, a GFX5200 costs around $80 online and sports full DX9 compatibility tongue Not as fast as the ti4200, but still a hella-nice deal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aeglos
Still alive...
Overseer
Overseer

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject:  

Yah, I saw that GF FX for 100 on pricewatch... now if I could get my own comp (not my mom's POS) and put some good shit in it...

~ Drachon Aeglos Vendragone EƤrendil ~
-= High Sorcerer of Keldor & Champion of the Aldarin Tower =-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
R4V3R
Guard
Guard

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject:  

Fixed Pink Transparencies, your mode is messed up 555 O.o
Should be 565
Either way, here it is:
Here
Hope is works bigsmile
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject:  

(Should have requested the pixel format from DirectDraw and used the returned channel masks in the first place wink tongue).

Anyway, should we all be using that renderer?

Last edited by Diaftau on Fri May 02, 2003 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Scythe
Overseer
Overseer

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks! It works, graphics are fine now, yay! I now have 2 heroes, Diaftau and R4V3R....

I had a screen, but my ISP started acting up and I couldn't upload, nor post at all...soooo this post had to wait..but it works
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject:  

Glad to hear it happy.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Damasca.Net Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: