Damasca.Net Forum
Stuck on a corner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Damasca.Net Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rai Seiko
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject:  Stuck on a corner

Well, not much to actually say, the topic name pretty much explains it, whenever I log on I get stuck on a corner and lag reaches up to 500+.

Any idea?

Immanuel Kant,
Critique of Pure Reason
Lucreto
Did you think I disappeared?
Warrior
Warrior

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject:  

That happened to me once unsure kinda werid couldn't move and kept making me go to the top corner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bowlich
Forum Junkie
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject:  

yup... same here... happened once on ant's server.
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject:  

Wait.. Made you go up to the top-left corner?

And you're all running 6003? The reason for my confusion is that in 6003, the server doesn't force the player character around, so hmm.. If you are running 6003, and it persists, get me some more info -

Like, does it happen immediately, or at some point whilst playing?

Can you make it happen? (Move in a certain way etc)

Is it just you, or do all connected players end up in a corner?
Bowlich
Forum Junkie
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject:  

As soon as you connect it just puts you up inthe corner and won't let you leave it...
AvPPoW
Magus
Magus

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject:  

sometimes (re: often) when I connect the client doesnt generate the ent at all. I have to keep trying
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:42 am    Post subject:  

Ok. AvP - that problem was due to the program not being able to safely post the "Add Entity" message into it's message queue - if you looked in the log, there would probably be a warning about a "mutex lock failed" or "couldn't safely lock mutex". You can compensate for this, by opening the configuration, and where it says:

MutexWaitDelay = 1000;

make it:

MutexWaitDelay = "-1";

That'll make it wait forever for the lock, and will guarantee that the messages get posted. (At the risk of it hanging, if a problem occured).

This problem won't ever occur in 6004, as I've removed all multithreading. It will make it more stable, although latency will increase by anything from 8ms -> 40ms, depending on your frame rate.

Bowlich; it's possible that the same problem is accountable for what you're experiencing, though I'm not entirely sure. Rai, Bowlich, does it happen every time you log onto a server?
AvPPoW
Magus
Magus

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject:  

err, it still does it. Less often now tho it seems
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject:  

Errr ok. Well, it won't happen in 6004.
AvPPoW
Magus
Magus

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject:  

Diaftau wrote:
Errr ok. Well, it won't happen in 6004.

btw diaf

Damasca DOES NOT HANDLE RESIZING, I resized thru config and it did not extend the playable area like you claimed
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject:  

Hmm..

*Looks at code*.

Ooops. That'll teach me for hacking in the clip rect. Ok, yeah, it's a bug. It would handle resizing, if I'd done it properly, and not just hacked it in wink.

Thanks for pointing it out. Even though with resizing you're still going to be subject to character "popping".
AvPPoW
Magus
Magus

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject:  

I can go right and walk into the blue and it stays blue. If I go down the level extends little by little
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:05 am    Post subject:  

(Note that I already replied)
AvPPoW
Magus
Magus

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject:  

Diaftau wrote:
(Note that I already replied)

I know tongue I was typing when you did
Boner
Tavern Lout
Tavern Lout

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject:  

Lucreto wrote:
That happened to me once unsure kinda werid couldn't move and kept making me go to the top corner.

Maybe you were being bad and needed a time out
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Damasca.Net Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: