Damasca.Net Forum
Wiki: Impossible to add articles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dart Zaidyer
Faithful Project Janitor, retired
Overseer
Overseer

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject:  Wiki: Impossible to add articles

When attempting to add a new article to the wiki, I get this error:
Quote:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "SearchMySQL4::update". MySQL returned error "1016: Can't open file: 'wiki_searchindex.MYI' (errno: 145) (localhost)".

This also happens after article updates, as well as searches. So far, it means we can't search our own wiki, nor can we add new articles to it.

Remember: Friends don't let moons eat monkeys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject:  

Looking into it.
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject:  

It's being a bit slow at the moment, but it appears to be working again. The table had crashed and just needed to be repaired.

Let me know if there are any further problems.
Dart Zaidyer
Overseer
Overseer

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks for the fix Daf. Unfortunately, this has now opened the door for random spambots to create dozens of garbage spam articles.

Non-registered edits should be disabled immediately. Additionally, I as well as the other Designers would also need privileges to delete articles and ban bogus spambot users, since Pixie seems to have stopped watching the wiki. The poor "cockatrice" article is also being abused by spambots who actually do register, so we would need to be able to lock articles as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject:  

Sorry for the delay, work's been hectic recently and I've only just caught up on posts.

Anyway, I've made you a sysop and a Bureaucrat so you should be able to protect articles and such like as you want to. Hopefully. Let me know if it hasn't worked.
Dart Zaidyer
Overseer
Overseer

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject:  

Okay, I'm sorry, but this is like trying to keep flies off of roadkill. We still have multiple spambots operating from multiple IP ranges, making them impossible to block. All they do is just create new articles and fill them with spam.

Unregistered users MUST BE DENIED FROM EDITING.

Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject:  

The bold/big/capitals weren't really necessary.

Unregistered users should now be prevented from creating and editing pages. Hopefully I haven't prevented registered users from doing the same!
Dart Zaidyer
Overseer
Overseer

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject:  

I figured the big letters might somehow work better, since it was a strongly needed fix.

Plus, cleaning up after spambot armies always fills me with a certain level of highly volatile rage. unsure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Damasca.Net Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: