Damasca.Net Forum
bug or problem

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Damasca.Net Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DixoN
Tavern Lout
Tavern Lout

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject:  bug or problem

i dont know if this is a bug on the site or a problem with my computer... but whenever i view the forum from the webpage im never signed in... even though i checked the auto-login box but as soon as i log in manualy it brings me to the default version out side the site

If you can honestly say that your insane... then you can determine between sane and insane which means your not insane...
bexliey rose brennan 10/1/03
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject:  

*Moved to Bug Reports*.

And, I don't know. What browser are you using? It probably has something to do with cookie settings. If you're using IE, what is the security setting for the Internet zone set to? Is it configured to allow cookies, or (as it seems to be doing) reject them?
DixoN
Tavern Lout
Tavern Lout

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject:  

cookies are enabled

If you can honestly say that your insane... then you can determine between sane and insane which means your not insane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject:  

Try overriding the default behaviour by adding damasca.net to the list of allowed domains. (In IE - Tools > Internet Options, click the Privacy tab, type damasca.net (or www.damasca.net) and click Allow).

See if that helps.
DixoN
Tavern Lout
Tavern Lout

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject:  

nah no go.

Diaftau
Lead Developer
Immortal Overlord
Immortal Overlord

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject:  

You tried both damasca.net and www.damasca.net right?

In which case, it might not be cookie related after all. Is it your home pc that you're using? Or a school / college / net cafe (public) one? There might be some sort of weird admin setting enabled if it is public, buuut since you can get to internet options, I doubt that this is so.

Hmm... I don't know, sorry. Maybe someone else will be able to help more. Its not that big of an issue though is it? Unless you have a particularly long password wink.
DixoN
Tavern Lout
Tavern Lout

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:39 am    Post subject:  

im using my own comp..

Sakiro A.
Mommy
Overseer
Overseer

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject:  

Do you have a firewall? Because some firewalls have settings which block cookies, also. And you might have settings in windows itself which clears tmp internet files whenever you exit IE. I'm not sure if cookies are included in that, and I wouldn't know why you'd have such a setting unless you turned it on yourself. You could try to download netscape and see if it keeps the cookies, just to see if it has to do with IE or not.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Damasca.Net Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: